Its Packet Optical products portfolio comprises of a broad family of products for Aggregation, Metro and Core Optical networks. Successful candidate for the role of SVT/PV Engineer will be responsible for developing feature and solution test strategies, test plans, and test execution for Packet Optical products based on technologies such as Carrier Ethernet, G.8032 and MPLS-TP.
- Plan, organize and coordinate a team of verification engineers for delivery of work assignments
- Review System requirements & Functional specifications and develop comprehensive solution test plans to validate customer use-cases and detailed feature test plans to validate product capabilities.
- Plan and build test environments for feature and solution level test execution while considering potential and likely interactions across different features of the product
- Execute test cases, analyze test results, file defect reports & retest defect resolution.
- Work and interact closely with engineers from embedded software, network management software, and hardware teams to ensure thorough testing of customer focused end-to-end solutions, compliancy to specifications and resolution of issues found during test phase.
- Host test plan reviews for assigned features, as well as contribute to test plan reviews held by other team members.
- Build in-depth knowledge of product architecture and develop ability to root-cause issues
- Coordinate activities with North America test and development teams on a need basis
- Contribute towards automation of test cases and execute already automated test cases.
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions on Moderate to complex topics, including smaller protocol or RFC related information, specific functional area presentations.
Salary: INR 10,00,000 - 20,00,000 P.A.
Functional Area:IT Software - Telecom Software
Role:Quality Assurance/Quality Control Executive
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
- Fluency and experience in data communication systems, networking, Ethernet switches, and real world topologies in general
- Ability to develop test plans, procedures, acceptance and regression tests from functional specifications and system requirements.
- Strong commitment to product excellence and quality
- Proficient troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Independent self-starter and committed to delivering on aggressive deadlines.
- Team oriented; strong inter-personal skills and ability to understand customers needs, expectations and perspective
- BE /B.Tech (EE/CS) Degree
- Relevant experience of system test in telecommunications domain.
- Experience in leading a team of engineers to
- Hands-on experience in following feature areas : Carrier Ethernet, MPLS, G.8032 (ERP / RAPS), ETH-OAM (Y.1731 / CFM / EFM), QoS, LACP, Sync-E
- Experience with Ixia/Spirent traffic generators with advanced packet protocols.
- Knowledge of OTN protocol, L3 protocols like OSPF & Automation experience would be added advantage
* Tier 1 Telecom company
* Products in Optical Domain, work on technologies like Sonet, SDH, DWDM.
* Competitors in India - Alcatel-Lucent, Huawei, Cisco, Nokia-Siemens, Infinera etc
* Last year revenue of $2.3 Billion.
Contact Company:Leinex Consulting